Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow and Cold ( I mean really cold (at least for Toronto))

The weather for the last month in the Toronto region has been unseasonably cold due to an air mass originating in the far north. Therefore the snow has not melted but built up on the solar panels. I have from 6" to 12" of snow on most panels with a few partially covered. When viewing my Solaredge web portal, it shows how little sun is actually penetrating down to the actually panel. Remember, my review was with bright sunlight at approx 3:10 pm Feb 27, 2015. Obviously this illustration shows the limitation of using panels without removing the snow. In my case I can't get up on my roof so I have to grin and bear it. However, compared to last year I have lost at least $80 in sunlight revenue due to the snow covering.

No comments:

Post a Comment